Ria Winters. Netherlands - Items tagged as "Original art"
Ria is an accomplished artist, writer and photographer from the Netherlands who is passionate and curious about nature. Parrots are one of her favourite subjects, and she often gains inspiration for her work through study trips around the world. In 2009, Ria was granted a fellowship by the Artists for Conservation Foundation (AFC) for a field study to Mauritius and the Mascarene Islands. The overall goal of this expedition was to create a portrait of Mauritius’ threatened wildlife, with a primary focus on the Echo Parakeet, an endemic parrot species that was saved from the brink of extinction in the 1970s. This journey resulted in her book ‘A Treasury of endemic fauna of Mauritius and Rodrigues’.
- 'Exotic animals in historic Amsterdam', University Library, Amsterdam, Netherlands (solo)- 2017
- International Parrot Symposium, Tenerife, Spain (trio) - 2014
- 'Erik and the insects- Naturalis Biodiversity Center, Leiden, Netherlands (solo) - 2013
- 'Artists for Conservation' - Grouse Mountain, Vancouver, Canada (group) - 2012
- Artis library, Amsterdam, Netherlands (solo) - 2012
- Blue Penny Museum - Port Louis, Mauritius (duo) - 2011/2012
- 'L'Animal dans l'Art '- Paris (group) - 2009, 2010, 2011
- 'Artists for Conservation'- Hiram Blauvelt Museum, NJ, USA (group) - 2009
- 'Art and the Animal' - Neville Public Museum, WI, USA (group) - 2008
- 'Art und Vielfalt' - Museum für Naturkunde Magdeburg, Germany (group) - 2008
- 'Small works, big impressions' - The Wildlife Experience, CO, USA (group) - 2007
- 'Art and the Animal' - The Wildlife Experience, CO, USA (group) - 2007
- 'Birds in Art' - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum of Art, WI, USA (group) - 2006.
Sulphur-Crested Cockatoos - Original
Spix’s Macaw - Original
Red-Tailed Black Cockatoos - Original
Red-crowned Amazons - Original
African Grey Parrot - Original
Greater Vasa Parrots - Original