2024 World Parrot Trust Calendar (Artist's Edition)
The diverse world of parrots is beautifully captured in the 2024 Artist’s Edition Calendar, created solely to benefit the World Parrot Trust’s global conservation efforts. Each featured art piece is brought into being through a combination of the artist’s passion for birds, and a deep knowledge of their natural surroundings and behaviour. Featured artists have generously donated their time and skill in order to benefit parrot conservation.
Piece Title / Featured Species and Artist:
- Ethiopian Parrots by Penny Meakin
- Golden Parakeet by Tony Sanchez
- White-eared Wonders by Kitty Harvill
- Hope (Galah) by Sally Edmonds
- Macaws by Michael DiGiorgio
- Carolina Parakeets by Ria Winters
- Orange-bellied Parrots by Brett Jarrett
- A Hidden World (Kākāpō) by Judi Lapsley Miller (cover)
- Spix's Macaws by Paschalis Dougalis
- Rattle the Cage by Chris Maynard
- Larry's Antics by Peta Boyce
- Crimson Rosellas by Elizabeth Cogley
300mm sq (12 inches sq) folded. 300x600 mm (12x24 inches) open
Proceeds from this calendar will be used to fund international conservation efforts through research, outreach and education, and through direct action to preserve fragile ecosystems and parrot populations. With one in three parrots under threat in the wild, every effort must be made to protect them.
Ships from the UK or the USA
These calendars are printed on good quality strong paper, and are a nice size. Pages have a slight satin sheen to them. I chose the artists calendar (rather than the photography one), as there's that little bit of artistic licence in how the parrots are positioned and brought to life in their native habitats. I love how the parrots are so bright and colourful, and the backgrounds are so imaginative. I plan to frame up some of the images and make them part of a wall gallery at home :) Well worth the money and a great cause.
As an amateur artist I love to see the works of other artists on the subject I love to paint the most - parrots.