Save Bolivia's Macaws
WPT is working with project partner Parrot Conservation Bolivia (CLB), focusing on three native species:
- Blue-throated Macaw (Critically Endangered)
- Red-fronted Macaw (Critically Endangered)
- Hyacinth Macaw (Vulnerable)
Habitat loss and fragmentation, persecution as crop pests, and poaching for the pet trade have pushed many of Bolivia’s macaws to the brink of extinction. Working closely with these macaws – and the people who live alongside them – we can ensure their continued survival in the wild.
With your support, we can help these macaws by...
- Increasing wild populations through active nest protection;
- Protecting and restoring critical ecosystems with local partners;
- Backing local and regional efforts to halt the trade in wild-caught birds;
- Encouraging community engagement and sustainability;
- Carrying out important population counts and research;
- Providing emergency support for parrots in need;
The urgency of their situation cannot be overstated - if we don't act now, they could be lost forever.
Please, donate today!